I hadn’t really used my little sewing room much since we moved in. I guess with so much to do around the house and in the garden I just never got the itch to sew. Since making the chicken bunting I got a feel for some room improvements. The main need was to buy a chair on wheels as with a normal chair I just never quite scooched in close enough to the sewing machine. I just bought a basic one but it seems like it will improve things a lot. Sorry, no picture of the chair but this is my room earlier:

1020525

My next improvement to the above was to add a shelf with some of the handy things I need to grab whilst making the chicken bunting. I hung the very first prototype underneath to hide the brackets as alongside the striped wallpaper you could tell either the bracket or the paper weren’t straight! No wait, I hung it there because it’s great and matches the overall decor! I love a bit of DIY and find great satisfaction in a shelf!

1020527

Lastly I needed some more light over the sewing machine. I found this genius lamp which I screwed into the shelving unit. You can move it any way you want and then out of the way so you don’t bop your head. I think it will really help when I work away in the evenings.

1020534

I have one more chicken bunting order to fulfil so I will road test my improvements tomorrow and then perhaps I will have some time to start sewing up some stock chicken bunting pieces 🙂

Mother of Hens x

Advertisements